top of page
  • Captitan Tiburon

Met my carpenter at the boat and removed the main hatch and the two wooden slides.

Top of the new hatch will be made of solid mahogany. Should be ready to install before

we launch. Flood level now at moderate at 19 ft. Projected to peak on Tuesday, April 25

at 19.7 ft. 20 ft level is considered major flooding. Hoping to launch the week of May 8th.

2 views0 comments
  • Captitan Tiburon

Updated: Apr 16, 2023

The new wire for the forestay has been installed by Sailcrafters on 4/13. We now have 100% new standing rigging. Sent the new spreaders to have the holes drilled and the endplates bolted on. Need to rewire the mast to prep for stepping of the mast. Jeff at the marina said it would be 3 weeks before launching, which is about one week behind schedule, due to flooding on the Mississippi. That gives me about four weeks to finish prepping the boat for launch.

  • Captitan Tiburon

8 April 2023 Spring has arrived. Waiting to see if the Mississippi River floods at the Lake City Marina. Temps in the 80's next week. Time to fix the name plate and bow plates.

Need to finish the rebuild of the mast and get ready to re-step. Earliest launch date will be Monday, April 24, entirely dependent on the river level at the marina.



8 views0 comments
1
2
bottom of page